The plywood for the bridge is cut and fitted. Now to glue the plywood pieces together and paint everything. I’m thinking about making a rock berm from both sides up to the bridge, much like the berm on the BNSF tracks coming into Vancouver from the west. I will use foam sheets cut into a berm shape.
I’ve now braced the gate legs and can start building the bridge base. While restricted to the house for the next week or so, I hope to get most of the actual bridge work finished. I’m still looking for ideas on how to work the ends of the bridge into the ends of the gate.
Today I got one step closer to the swing bridge I’ve been working on for the last month. Still lots of work to do, but the time away from everything outside is giving me a mental boost and the project is keeping me busy.
All the ties are now down, the wood side rails glued on and it’s ready for the gauntlet rails. I’m gluing all this together with CA as the ties are thin and the bridge under structure is plastic, not good for spikes. I used a strip of tape to hold the ties down while i glued the side rails on. I’m just hoping I can pull the tape and paper away from the ties.
I spent the afternoon making and laying 10.5′ ties for the bridge that will ride atop my swing gate into the layout. Next comes gluing of wood side rails and metal gauntlet rails.